Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Don't Knock It Before You Try It

A lot of administrative stuff today during orientation, but some important information. We learned what kind of restaurants offer good deals to students around the city and sent out to check them out. I've never seen so many coffee shops in one square mile of land in my life. The other DIS students I met today were impressed with how many of the Danish foods I have tried, most notably Leverpostej, or liver paste, or as my host dad Claus described it: smashed pig. At dinner tonight I also tried something I had never had before: cured mackerel. I had it on an open-faced sandwich of rugbrød, scrambled egg, mackerel and a little red onion. It was actually quite tasty and though it may not sound so enticing, as the title says, don't knock it before you try it.

A few more caps for my future coffee tabletop

My Danish room complete with two fishtanks and cacti

No comments:

Post a Comment